Serving Vancouver Island

When you order a cake from Cake by Alana you will receive a creation that is just as special as the event being celebrated. With nothing but fresh ingredients being used in all cakes and icings, the only limit to flavour and design is your imagination.

For Flavours and Pricing please click here.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Cake That Started It All

I have never been accused of being an artist. I was gifted with music from a young age, but making things with my hands, for viewing pleasure, was not something I've ever considered. So it came as a big surprise to myself, and more to my husband, when our eldest was approaching his second birthday and I decided to try to make a cake that was a little fancier than just icing and sprinkles. Disney's Little Einstein's was his show of choice so I felt like I was jumping into the decorating ring head first when I chose to do Rocket from the show. I was excited, I was confident, I did my research...just a little too late.

Being a perfectionist, I will always find something to pick apart on each cake I do, but over all I was really pleased with the way Rocket turned out. If only he had been red; instead he was an interesting shade of fuchsia! Ah well, lessons learned...

So I'm putting this picture up, not because it's a fantastic depiction of what I can do with a cake, but because it shows where I've come from. It was during the making of this cake that I realized I love to bake, I love to decorate, and I loved the smile on my little guy's face when he saw his cake! And I wanted to try to do it again - only better next time!

No comments: