Serving Vancouver Island

When you order a cake from Cake by Alana you will receive a creation that is just as special as the event being celebrated. With nothing but fresh ingredients being used in all cakes and icings, the only limit to flavour and design is your imagination.

For Flavours and Pricing please click here.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lego Cake

I was lucky enough to make two Lego cakes this week. The top one was for a 12th birthday and was Vanilla cake with Vanilla Buttercream. My son enjoyed watching me make it so much that I decided to make him on for his 3rd birthday a few days later. It was Pumpkin Spice cake with Vanilla Meringue Buttercream.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did u do the bricks?

Alana Robinson said...

They are made from fondant. I think you can buy molds for bricks, but I made them myself. I used a small straw to cut the circles to go on top of the bricks (individually placed with tweezers!)